Nebla - Fontaine

Nebla

Nebla_-_Fontaine.png

Hello there,
Today I am presenting you with my latest Old School map named "Fontaine." The unique atmosphere and storyline of this region has inspired me from the GI. I had initially promised to create a "Griddle of the Sands" map which is the second desert area in Sumeru, but Fontaine's vibes and atmosphere were too tempting for me to resist. Therefore, I decided to create it first before focusing on other regions such as "Griddle of the Sands", "Mondstadt", "Liyue", and "Dragonspine."

Fontaine is the home nation of the Hydro Vision, and where justice reigns supreme. The punishing machine named "Oratrice" here hold zero tolerance for error. There is no mercy for those who defy the rules or do wrong in this region.

Also, people have transformed their large opera house "Opera Epiclese" into a court, so that performances and trials can occur simultaneously. It's common to see those who are being punished act like they are part of a play. The crowds are free to watch like they're watching a show, just as they would watch a performance they paid for. It seems that the justice system here is one of entertainment rather than fairness.

Enjoy the video!

The map contains some mechanisms from the game;

hydroelement.pngWater Bridges
This structure you see is a kind of creation developed by Fontaine engineers that allows boats to pass over it. In this map, you'll get to experience this structure first-hand and witness its capabilities.

hydroelement.pngThe Diving
The waters here are nothing to fear. In this map, you are free to dive into the depths and explore the wonderful underwater world. Keep your course and enjoy the refreshing atmosphere of the waters. During your journey, you will enter and exit the waters multiple times. So get used to it already. But that doesn't mean you can stay underwater for long periods of time hehe)

hydroelement.pngFloating Hydro Cubes
The Fontaine Research Institute of Kinetic Energy Engineering, often shortened to Fontaine Research Institute, is an organization in Fontaine. During your journey, you'll have to achieve this weird scenery. The pressure inside is quite density so you'll feel it yourself when you get in.

hydroelement.pngUnderwater life
The underwater life here has covered the area with diverse and vibrant species and forms of life, including mosses-covered structures, underwater grasses, and a plethora of aquatic animals.

pyrosymbol.pngNatlan?
You may notice the volcanic build in the end of the map; which references the next map will be about Natlan but I am not following any kind of time period so, I may bring different maps before this region like as, Desert of Hadramaveth as I was promised in my previous map "Mausoleum of King Deshret" But I've added it in the end of the map because it will be the next upcoming region after the Fontaine in GI.

Natlan is one of the seven regions of Teyvat and is renowned for its worship of Murata, the Pyro Archon and the Archon of War. The region is slated to be released in Version 5.0 and will bring with it an array of vibrant volcanic events, although we haven't seen much of it as of yet since it has not been released yet and remains a mystery. However, when that day finally arrives, we can be certain that exploration in such a unique region will bear unique rewards. And I'll make sure to create a new Old School map based on this region, which will serve as a continuation of my 'GI-Regions' series.

The map is synchronized with the music, and scripts as in the Mausoleum of King Deshret, Sumeru and Inazuma from my previous maps. You will feel the harmony if you can play the map without fail. (The screen will shake, atmosphere will change etc.)

recorder.png
Credits
Video & Edit by VonKasty
Detailed credits can be found in the video's description.
You may subscribe to Nakvie's YouTube channel as the owner of the Channel)

beta_tester.png
Beta Tester
Now, for my upcoming map conversions, I wish to extend my gratitude to Shady & VonKasty for serving as the initial testers. You're both very insightful and have been exceptionally helpful throughout the map-making process. And to all you out there who wish to participate in the beta-testing phase of my upcoming old school projects, feel free to send me a direct message, and I'll be more than just happy to have you onboard as well!

Something more to add:

FDD_Update_symbol.png
FDD Maps Update
As for the lovers of FDD, I wish to announce that in the foreseeable future, I'll begin the process of converting my GI-Region-Series maps to the FDD gamemode. This specific series will include aspects of several regions, one such as Fontaine, Sumeru, and Inazuma.

From the different point of view, those regions will their own areas as in the GI. For example Inazuma: The Grand Narukami Shrine, Inazuma: The Watatsumi Island, Inazuma: Seirai Island. Fontaine: Poisson, Fontaine: Merusea Village. Sumeru: Port Ormos, Sumeru: Ruins of Dahri, Sumeru: Chatrakham Cave, Sumeru: Vanarana, Sumeru: Mausoleum of King Deshret

Now, in regards to my FDD conversions, I've set a condition for myself to only complete the ones that have already been released. In other words, Fontaine, Sumeru & Inazuma are already released, so I'll create FDD maps based around those regions. However, when it comes to regions that have yet to be released, such as Natlan, Liyue, Mondstadt, the likelihood of FDD variants not yet coming into fruition remains high. If everything goes smoothly, Antartica 3 is on the way & Deep N Deeper series will continue too.

Best regards,
Nebla

• 2 weeks later...

I wholeheartedly accept and welcome all feedback, whether positive or negative. It is the players' insight that ultimately helps me improve and better design my maps. Even when feedback is critical, I find it immensely beneficial and insightful. Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts. Your input is deeply appreciated.

The map has been updated to meet players' requests and enhance gameplay. It has been modified and optimized based on player feedback, ensuring that the playing experience is smoother, better-balanced, and more enjoyable overall.

The latest version includes the following changes:

• Slow motion has been removed from the map (2:30 to 2:42), so players will not have to worry about the effect during that period.

• At the time stamp of 2:52, the game speed has been increased to a rate of 0.4 instead of 0.1 when you enter slow-motion. This means the slow-motion effect is quicker.

• Similarly, at the 2:55 timestamp, the game speed has been increased to 0.3 instead of 0.1 during the water pressure sequence, resulting in lower water pressure overall and fewer challenges in that stage

• Additionally, I've removed another instance of slow motion from the map, making the whole sequence quicker in pacing. I hope these changes make for a smoother and more enjoyable gameplay experience for you, as I'm always aiming to provide the best possible gameplay to you. Please don't hesitate to send me feedback on these changes!

• When you obtain the Hunter, you will be transported to a vacant and spacious location reserved particularly for the Hunter fight for this reason. I have designed this in such a way so as to prevent you from hitting the decorations or other objects during hunter fight, therefore ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable playing experience. (Please note that there is a tiny hole that can be accessed next to the logo "N" for those who wish to fight underwater.

• I have updated the map music selection in order to complement the altered gameplay experience and better immerse you in the ambience.

Best regards,
Nebla