Nebla - Sumeru

Nebla

274657833_SumeruBannerbyNebla.png.da35395c47c127be9934c4e070f77b9c.png

Hello there,

today I'm presenting you my latest Old School map called "Sumeru" This time, I want to bring you somewhere covered with green zones and fresh air. that game give me a lot of inspiration about creating new themed maps. So I want to share my experience with you 🙂

Some of you may already know what Sumeru does mean. It is the same game that I've inspired by while creating The Inazuma. This time I've tried to make a concept map like this and bring it to old school because I also like to play in this room. Enjoy the video!

The map contains some mechanisms from the game;
Withering Zone+Puzzle
The dark-red heavy atmosphere is waiting for you as a reference to the Withering Zone in that game. instantly weather changes and pulls you into a dark-red atmosphere while you driving. Your quest is finding the BMX and cleaning up the withering, you will see the trees and bushes recovered once you complete the quest.

Puzzle
The puzzle is the same as I mentioned above. The puzzle works opposite from each other, if you get RC Tiger, a door will open but a door will stay closed. Yes, puzzles would be more sensible if the map was uploaded before the video. but still, I think it will be a little surprise to forum-offline users and people that didn't watch the video yet

Samsara loop
I am not a fan of creating troll parts but it fits with the concept so I made a loop instead of exploding your car. In the first phase before entering the Withering Zone; there is a hidden spot and you need to drive into that otherwise, you will be stuck in the Samsara loop and play the map from the beginning until you change your path at the first phase, same as Déjà vu. it may be annoying but better than barrels, or I am wrong hehe.

Ruin Golem
The giant ancient machines from the game. It was our first enemy in that game so it's not surprising why it was picked as. But I picked "Hunter" because it's the iconic enemy of the vehicles in DM/OS rooms. So I've tried to build an ancient shaped giant hunter.

Mausoleum of King Deshret?
You may notice a weirdly shaped pyramid at the end of the map if you watched the video until the end. It is just a prototype and a reference that the next map going to be about Sumeru's desert region. I wanted to make a texture/model for it at first but it would make the map file bigger so I leave it to the next map. I'm planning to release it in the following months of 2023 if everything goes smoothly.

The map is synchronized with the music, and scripts as in the Inazuma from my previous maps. You will feel the harmony if you can play the map without fail. (flowers will bloom, bushes will grow, etc.)

Credits:
Video & Edit by VonKasty

Detailed credits can be found in the video's description.

Special thanks to JessePinkman for helping me with the dxDrawImage script! (Teleport - waiting screen)

Best regards,

Nebla