Chat section Hunter Tournament

[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Do not provoke any fight with your opponent or referee, the referee will decide everything in the match. If you do, you will be eliminated after some time.

how much time do ppl have to make fun of both the opponent and referee before they get eliminated?

Your maximum amount of rockets is up to the referee, if he thinks you are spraying too much he will say that. In case of spraying after your 1st warning, you will be eliminated.

could you provide us with an example (e.g. video) of spraying and not spraying? don't you think that dodge 1-2 rockets shot from far/mid distance is never a problem, especially if you don't try to follow your opponent's movement and strafe? i mean remember the cw tg vs tff when APs fought vs Finn? Remember how it took about 25 mins to finish that round even though both spraying and high flying was allowed? can u imagine how much time might 1 round take if there're 2 relatively even opponents and they both don't wanna play risky?

- Do not try to highfly against your opponent's high.

what's highfly and how you will decide whose height is the right height? do opponents have to stay on the ground all the time or somewhere up in the sky? i'd say that when 2 opponents have to be somewhere on the same altitude about 10-15 meters above water is a ffs style of hunter fight while not everyone play there, let alone even know what it is. i mean some ppl feel more comfortable being slightly under the opponent's height, some being slightly on top. and in my book that's totally fine and this shouldn't be restricted any how. otherwise, there might be so much rage that you couldn't handle. just saying.

and overall, as i mentioned already, those 2 rules about spraying and highflying are really slippery, you never know when you might break one occasionally. and i really don't think that ppl should rely on referee or on luck, but rather on their own skills.

[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

- Do not provoke any fight with your opponent or referee, the referee will decide everything in the match. If you do, you will be eliminated after some time.

how much time do ppl have to make fun of both the opponent and referee before they get eliminated?

5 rockets in like 5 seconds would be too much already, that's just spraying. So if you avoid that, then there is no problem

eh?

5 rockets in like 5 seconds would be too much already, that's just spraying. So if you avoid that, then there is no problem. But I understand your point. These rules aren't that strict in real as it's written down here. Just shoot like you think it's not too much, and if it is, the referee will say that to you.

mind installing a script that will physically prevent ppl from spraying? i remember that hunter map called "excellent - international hunters of war" had a script that didnt let ppl shoot more than 1 rocker per 2 seconds or so. since you're insisting on that "no spraying" rule, this could be a nice way out off the situation. simply because at this stage there's such a huge emphasis on referees and their decisions that im certain that (especially on the later stages of the tourney) there will be talks that some referees take sides and supporting some players. and besides, when you constantly have to check the chat in order to see whether the ref said something or not, you lose the concentration and attention on your opponent for a second or so and this might eventually lead to that you "catch" a random missle. not a good thing.

I don't have any problem in slightly flying above or below your opponent, but when you can't even see your opponent flying in your screen, then it's called high-flying. And also what I said above, the referee decides when you fly too high.

but everyone has a different resolution and a different draw distance, so the moment when opponent vanishes from sight is always different for everybody. how you gonna deal with that?

how about installing that script that Xiti made that sagnificantly increases the maximum default draw distance then?

you barely will have anyone who cries about spray, highfly or what ever.

huh, you seem to have too much faith in mindkind. basically, ppl will always find their way. here's an example from another cw: when we played against TfF not that long ago, all kinds of moans and groans could be heard even when the score was 1 - 15 not in our favour. and 1 of your guys (won't be pointing with fingers) even took some time from his busy schedule to register at our site and insult us there. so yeah, even in situations when the final result is predefined already and you shouldn't worry about it all that much, but lean back in your chair and relax, ppl still seem to find reasons and motivation for verbal assault. not having anything against you in general or trying to start a war, but this is just the first bright example that came to my mind.

so as you can see, even in a relatively pieceful situations ppl may act in a really specific way. and in a tight situations (like imagine the score in a hunter fight is 3-3 or 4-4 even) everything might go under control real easy and real fast. i mean, no one wants to lose, everbody thinks they're right and all that, usual stuff. so, basically if you wanna avoid a nuclear explotion of emotions you really shouldn't use all these artificial limitations like spraying or highflying.

so, forbid everything (e.g. with scripts) or allow everything. that's my opinion. because hoping on people's sanity or your own impartiality, well, that's just naive.

ah, and just an idea: how about making a bet club, much like epg: http://www.team-epg.com/index.php?topic=8606.0 im not insisting on special prizes or anything like that, moreover i don't need that, but in the same time i think it may be a fun little addition to the tournament.